Saturday, May 14, 2022

 It’s been a long time, but I’m back!  I had thought about starting a Wordpress Blog, but I’ve had this blog for so long that I thought I’d  just come back to it, update it, and spruce it up to reflect who I am now!  A lot has changed in my life since my last post and many changes have happened!!!  First off, I  retired from teaching full time  5 years ago and now substitute teach almost anything K through 12.  I love teaching and subbing has provided me with the opportunity to continue being in the classroom and making a difference with students.  I love teaching a variety of ages and subjects.  I think I learn just as much from the kids as they do from me!!!  

Retirement has also given me the ability to assess the question, what next?  I have dived into my creative side more and have expanded from card making to mor scrapbooking, mixed media, sewing and machine embroidery.  I take sewing lessons at my local Viking Store and have purchased a Viking Ruby 90 Viking Embroidery Machine.  It threads itself, a feature totally worth having!  

I have also trained my Golden doodle, Maisee Bea, to be a Therapy Dog, and she loves to go everywhere with me!!!  She loves to put a smile on everyone’s face!  I truly believe having a dog makes life better!

I plan to share my cards, scrapbook pages, Close to my Heart creations and other mixed media projects I create in this space.  I also will share class projects from Altenew here, my class projects from Viking using my Ruby 90 and other fun sewing projects I create.  Don’t be surprised to see pics of my dog or special thoughts on topics I am passionate about!  I hope if you’re still reading this, you will enjoy my blog and decide to follow me!  Thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment